Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (PGIMER), is mainly organised to give admission to the MD/M. Ch/MHA/MS & DM courses. The University conducts the exam two times in a year, once in January and other in July session. The PGIMER 2019 Admission is done on the basis of ALL India Merit. The University itself conducts the examination and hence in order to get admission to this prominent university, one has to appear for its entrance exam. The Main objective of this outstanding university is to meet the requirement of Specialists and Medical teachers to the Country. This Article will help you to understand the university in a better way, the Examination process, PGIMER Requirement and PGI Online registration process.
PGIMER Exam Dates 2019
To get admission into this university one must know about the exam schedule so that they can prepare for it and crack the exam to get admission in this University. So, below are the mentioned dates of the PGIMER 2019 Admission online Registration.
Since the exam is conducted in two phases, so here is the detailed information for the session.
For January Session.
|Registration form||1st week, October 2018|
|Last Date for Application Submission.||Last week, October 2018|
|The release of Admit Card||2nd week November 2018|
|Date of Exam||25th November 2018|
|Result Declaration||26th November 2018|
|1st Counselling||14th December 2018|
|2nd Counselling||9th January 2019|
|3rd Counselling||18th January 2019|
|4th Counselling||25th January 2019|
PGIMER 2019 Admission Application form
PGIMER online Registration will start on the first week in October, and the last date to submit the application is till the end of October. Examination form is available from the second week in October to the second week, November 2018.
Below are details of the PGIMER 2019 Admission Requirement
- The Examination form is available only via online mode in the official website.
- No other offline method is available to fill the form for these courses.
- January session Registration for (MD/MS) 2019 will start in the first week, October and for (DM/M. Ch/MHA) will start in the second week, October.
- PGIMER online registration for MD/MS is available till last week, October and for DM/M. Ch/MHA is available until the last week of November 2018.
- All Applicant need to upload their passport size photo in JPEG format not exceeding more than 50k.
- It is recommended to keep a printout of application for further process.
- Foreign candidates have to fill three choices of the subject in the Application form.
- FN & Sponsored category applicant need to submit the application along with the application form 15 days before the commencement of examination on the below mentioned address.
Academic Section PGIMER,
The course fee for different courses is different hence candidates need to check their respective course and their course fee.
NOTE: – The Candidate can pay their fees either via online or via offline mode.
- PGIMER 2019 Admission online registration will start from the first week, October.
- Candidates applying for MS/MD & MHA courses need to pay 800(SC/ST) and 1000(for all other categories).
- PWD category students applying for the MD/MS course are exempted from application fee.
- The application fee for DM/M.ch. the course is rs1000.
- The fee payment is done offline via challan.
- The challan form needs to be on favour of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination).
PGIMER Exam pattern
A candidate should go through the exam pattern and the syllabus of the PGIMER 2019 exam.
Since the examination is conducted offline below are the PGIMER requirement details.
For the MD/MS course: –
- Exam mode: Offline exam.
- Total Questions: 250 questions.
- Question type: The question paper is of Multiple-choice question.
- Exam Duration: 3 hours.
- Correct response: for a single question there can be more than one correct option.
- Negative marking: for every incorrect answer mark is deducted.
For the DM/M.ch course: –
- Exam mode: Offline exam.
- Segment: The theory paper will consist of a paper with two segments. Segment 1: General & Segment 2: Speciality. Each of 40 marks.
- Question Type: Multiple.
- Exam Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Responses: In Segment 1 the questions will have only correct options whereas in Segment 2 the questions may have single/multiple correct options.
- Marking Scheme: 1 one mark on the correct answer and no negative marking.
PGIMER Result of 2019
The result is available by the end of November 2018; hence one can check their result via online mode.
- To check the result, one needs to fill their respective roll number and date of birth.
- The result is issued in Rank wise and category wise by the University of selected candidates for counselling.
- The merit list is prepared on the basis of percentile scored by the candidates.
PGIMER requirement is the basic certificates that a candidate needs to show. The documents that are required to fill the form. And attend the counselling processes are mentioned below.
- Passing certificate of Matriculation (i.e. X).
- Marksheet of MBBS.
- Internship Certificate of MBBS.
- Category Certificate (OBC/SC/ST).
- MCI Registration Certificate.
- The printout of the Application form (Do attach a photo on it).
- Photo ID proof.
- Experience certificate (if applicable).
- Age/Date of Birth.
- Fresh OBC Certificate.
The above-mentioned documents fulfil the PGIMER Requirement, and hence it is advisable to have a photocopy of each document.
To Get into one of the reputed universities of the country and continue with the Post Graduate, a candidate must prepare rigorously to get into this university. The main aim of this university is to meet the requirement of the country to produce specialist and Medical teachers. The above article has covered all the required information for a candidate to know before filling the application form.
Hope this article has helped you to know more about PGIMER.