JEE Advanced 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 exam is a competitive and toughest engineering entrance exam for admission into IITs, and other reputed engineering colleges . Every year around 11- 14L students appear for JEE Main. From them, around 2.24 Lakhs students appear for JEE Advanced 2018 exam, in which few thousands of students selected for JEE Advanced college counselling and seat allotment process. JEE Advanced 2018 is the second exam after JEE Main. Majority of students think that JEE Advanced to be tough and difficult to crack. Every year the ratio of the number of appeared students increases hence competition is also increasing. After JEE Main to crack JEE Advanced 2018 and get admission in IITs, the student must require passion, hard work, and pre-planning. Some facts about JEE Advanced 2018 exam. JEE Advanced entrance examination is held in two stages:
- JEE MAIN 2018 ( Joint Entrance Examination )
- JEE ADVANCED 2018 ( Joint Entrance Examination Advanced )
Students are eligible for JEE Advanced 2018 only if they clear the cut-off for JEE Main. JEE Advanced examination form on the basis of admission for the bachelor degree in various IITs. JEE Advanced 2018 is conducting by IIT Kanpur for admission in 23 IITs for around 12,428 seats including ISM Dhanbad as well.
JEE Advanced 2018 Syllabus
JEE Advanced syllabus contains syllabus for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Here we provide some important topic for JEE Advanced 2018.
JEE Advanced Physics: Units and Dimensions, Measurement and Errors, Vectors, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Friction, Centre of Mass, Momentum and Collision, Work, Energy and Power, Circular Motion, Rotational Dynamics, Mechanical Properties of Matter, Simple Harmonic Motion, Wave Motion and String Waves, Sound Waves, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory, Heat Transfer, Thermal Expansion, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Capacitors, Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current, Geometrical Optics, Light Waves, Dispersion and Spectra, Nuclear Physics, Photoelectric Effect and Wave-Particle Duality, Bohr’s Model and Physics of the Atom, X-rays
JEE Advanced Chemistry : Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Mole Concept, Redox Reactions, Gaseous and Liquid States, Atomic Structure and Chemical Bonding, Energetic, Chemical Equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Solid State, Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, s-Block Elements, p-Block Elements, Transition Elements (3D Series), Coordination Compounds, Metallurgy, Qualitative Analysis, General Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Reactions of Benzene, Phenols, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Alcohols and Ethers, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Carbohydrates, Amino Acids and Peptides, Polymers
JEE Advanced Mathematics: Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequence and Series, Logarithm, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Determinants and Matrices, Probability, Trigonometry, Solutions of Triangle, Inverse Trigonometric Functions, Coordinate Geometry, Straight Lines and Pair of Straight Lines, Circle, Parabola, Ellipse, Hyperbola
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern, Subjects, Questions, Eligibility, Exam Month
- JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility: 12th Standard Science & JEE Mains Qualified
- JEE Advanced 2018 subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Maths
- JEE Advanced 2018 total applications: 1.2 Million applicants
- JEE Advanced 2018 total qualified: 20,000 Candidates
- JEE Advanced 2018 Questions Pattern: Objective
- JEE Advanced 2018 Exam pattern: Unstable
- Exam month: April to June
How To Prepare for JEE Advanced 2018 Exam
- JEE Advanced 2018 Practice Questions: Practice on IIT JEE question papers with solutions, IIT JEE question bank, IIT JEE papers of last ten years.
- JEE Advanced 2018 Video Lectures: Study with IIT JEE video lectures help to explore more on your concept.
- JEE Mock Test: To crack JEE Advanced 2018, candidates need to practice on IIT JEE Mock test.
IIT JEE test series: Aspirants need to practice on IIT JEE test series and keep them updated with
Best Books for JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Preparation
JEE Advanced Physics :
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II – HC Verma
- Problems in General Physics – I.E. Irodov
- Concept of Competition Physics – Agarwals
- Fundamentals of Physics – Holiday, Resnick & Walker
- Aptitude Test Problems in Physics – S S Krotov
- Advanced Physics – Nelkon and Parker
- Dynamics of a Particle & of Rigid Bodies – S.L. Loney
- The Feynman Lectures on Physics vols 1 & 2 – R. P. Feynman
- A Collection of Questions and Problems in Physics – L. A. Sena
- Physics Problems with Solutions – Chen, Min
JEE Advanced Chemistry :
- Organic Chemistry – O.P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – Paula Bruice Yurkanis
- Organic Chemistry – Solomons
- Organic Chemistry Volume 1 – I. L. Finar
- Chemistry XI & XII – NCERT
- Inorganic Chemistry – Arihant Prakashan
- Inorganic Chemistry – O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J.D. Lee
JEE Advanced Mathematics :
- Maths XI & XII – D. Sharma
- Higher Algebra – Hall Knight
- Problems in Calculus of One Variable – I.A. Maron
- Algebra – Arihant Prakashan
- Differential Calculus – Arihant Prakashan
- Plane Trigonometry Part 1 – S.L. Loney
- Plane Co-ordinate Geometry – S. L. Loney
- Vector – Shanti Narayan
- Introduction Probability & Its Applications – W. Feller
- Calculus – J. Edward
- Problems in Mathematics – V. Govorov, P. Dybov, N. Miroshin and S. Smirnova
- Co-ordinate Geometry – Dr. Gorakh Prasad
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced 2018 exam pattern is not, hence it is unpredictable and more competitive. Exam will be conducted for both online and offline mode. To make this exam more challenging there is no fixed paper pattern, hence candidate can go for previous papers to make his/her idea fair. As usually JEE Advanced contains two Exam papers of 3 hrs for each paper.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern of Questions are:
- Single choice MCQs
- Multiple correct MCQs
- Integer answer type questions
- Matrix match type
- Passage comprehension type
Eligibility For JEE Advanced 2018
- Age Eligibility:
Appeared candidate should be born on or after 1st October 1993. Candidate from SC/ST/OBC category must have been born on or after 1st October 1988.
- Marks Percentage:
The appearing candidate should obtain 75% for General & OBC and 65% for SC/ST & PWD in 12th standard examination or should be in the top 20 percentile in their respective boards.
- JEE Advanced Performance:
An aspirant should be among the top 2,20,000 Candidates
- Aadhaar Card requirement::
The candidate must have his/her Aadhaar card number at the time of registration.
- Total Attempts::
The candidate can attempts for twice in the consecutive year. Aspirants who appeared in JEE Advanced 2017, also eligible for JEE Advanced 2018. To give JEE Advanced exam in 2018, Aspirant must have passed 12th standard in 2017. Also, the candidate with 12th class examination result for the academic year 2015-16 was announced after June 2016 are also eligible to give JEE Advanced exam.
Registration for JEE Advanced 2018
Steps for JEE Advanced 2018 registration Online
Step 1: Complete Application form
- The aspirant must have entered his/her JEE Main roll no., password and security pin on the official website.
- The aspirant has to choose new credential (password) for JEE Advanced 2018.
- A page with your personal details and academic records from JEE Main application will appear on the screen.
- The aspirant has to give the number of attempts and have to choose 3 exam centers that fall in same IITs zone.
- Then She/he have to select the language of question paper.
Step 2: Upload Scanned documents
- Upload colored photograph Check dimension
- 10th standard certificate
- 12th standard certificate or equivalent certificate
- Aspirant’s signature scanned copy
- Scanned copy of Aspirant’s left thumb impression.
Step 3: JEE Advanced Registration Fee
- Candidate can pay – using Debit Card or Internet Banking on JEE Advanced official website
- Candidate can pay – cash at SBI Bank
- International Debit Card/Credit Card ( only for Dubai center )
JEE Advanced 2018 Fees structure application
|Fees structure for JEE Advanced 2018 Exam centers in India|
|3||Female candidate||Rs 1,300|
|4||Late fee||Rs 500|
|Fees structure for JEE Advanced 2018 Exam centers outside India(SAARC)|
|1||For All Candidates||Regular fee||USD 160|
|2||Late fee||USD 80|
|Fees structure for JEE Advanced 2018 Exam centers outside India(Non-SAARC)|
|1||For All Candidates||Regular fee||USD 300|
|2||Late fee||USD 80|
Important Dates for JEE Advanced 2018 Exam, JEE Advanced Answer Keys
- Application availability: 4th week of April 2018
- Application closes: 1st week of May 2018
- Downloading of JEE Advanced 2018 Admit card: 2nd week of May 2018
- JEE Advanced 2018 Exam (Paper 1 & 2) : 3rd week of May 2018 (9 to 12 PM & 2 to 5 PM)
- a) Online Display of ORS and scanned responses (b) Request for Review of Scanned Responses: Last week of May 2018
- Online display of JEE Advanced Answer Keys: 1st week of June 2018
- Feedback for candidates: 1st week of June 2018
- JEE Advanced 2018 Result: 2nd week of June 2018
- Online Registration for Architecture Aptitude Test: 2nd week of June 2018
- Architecture Aptitude Test: 2nd week of June 2018
- Results of Architecture Aptitude Test: 3rd week of June 2018
- JEE Advanced Counselling: 3rd week of June 2018
JEE Advanced 2018 Cutoff Category Wise
Record as per 2017, JEE Advanced 2018 cut off will be as:
|CRL ( Open )||128||35|
|JEE Advanced Subject wise Cut off|
|Rank List||Minimum % marks in each sub||Minimum % of aggregate marks|
|OBC Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|PWD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|ST Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory Rank List||2.5||8.75|
How To Crack JEE Advanced 2018 EXAM :
Top 10 Tips To Crack IIT JEE Advanced Exam
IIT JEE Advanced is one of the toughest engineering entrance exams in India. In every Year 11 Lakh aspirant are applying for the JEE Main exam in which only around 2 Lakh aspirant got selected for JEE Advanced entrance exam. In 2018 the total appeared aspirants were around 11 lakh in which 2,31,024 are eligible for JEE Advanced 2018 entrance exam. A good news is coming out from Central Board of Secondary education for handicapped aspirant that if they have minus 35 marks they are also eligible for JEE Advanced 2018 exam. Here we provide some top 10 tricks to crack IIT JEE Advanced 2018 exam by which aspirants can prepare themselves better than others. So read carefully, Let’s look on tips and trick to crack JEE Advanced. How to crack JEE Advanced 2018 exam with the simple step to step guide:
Tips to crack IIT JEE Advanced Physics Questions
- Diligent Practice: Tips to crack JEE Advanced Physics questions. Aspirant needs to be serious about his/her performance. Keep your practice diligent with Advanced study material. Aspirants need to learn tips and tricks through JEE Advanced previous question papers, IIT JEE Video Lectures and flash charts from selfstudy Learning app.
- Scoring Topics: Tips to crack JEE Advanced Physics questions, Aspirants need to focus on scoring topics for Physics, chemistry, and mathematics. Once your regular practice is completed then keep extra attention on scoring topics like mechanics, Thermodynamics as same for chemistry and physics.
- Learn Derivation of Formulas: To crack IIT JEE Advanced 2018 you need to learn derivation of each and single formulas by which it helps to memorize and understanding better for the exam.
- Learn Formulas thoroughly: This section is applicable for physics. If you are preparing or studying the physics topics you need to note down all formulas and remember them for long last.
Tips to crack IIT JEE Advanced Chemistry Questions
- Concentrate on Concept: Concentration on the concept and their application in Inorganic chemistry delicately.
- Learn with Attention And Passion: To crack IIT JEE Advanced Chemistry questions, Aspirants needs to learn all physical, Organic and Inorganic chemistry topics with passion and attention.
- Reactions practice: This part is very important for the best preparation for JEE Advanced exam. Aspirants need to note down all the reaction and get the quick revision on last 15 minutes of the exam.
- Overall revision: As we all know that chemistry makes difficulty for every aspirant during his/her preparation for IIT JEE exam. No need to worry about this make a note and note down all formulas, scoring reactions and revise them day by day.
Tips to crack IIT JEE Advanced Mathematics Questions
- IIT JEE Mock test: To improve your speed and accuracy for JEE Advanced 2018 exam you need to practice on lengthy IIT JEE mock test easy available on online.
- Conceptual clarity: To crack JEE Advanced 2018 you need to clear your all doubts related with IIT JEE Advanced Mathematics questions. As we know Math is a name of formulas. Keep practice regularly on formulas and revise them time to time.
- Solve Previous Year’s Question Papers: If you are preparing for JEE Advanced 2018 then Practice on IIT JEE Previous Year’s Question papers is must for all the aspirants.