Jammu & Kashmir State Open School (JKSOS) is a subsidiary of Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE). Jammu & Kashmir State Open School is going to take care of those students who were not able to get an entry into the formal education system due to one reason or the other. Such candidates include students who are school drop-outs, older persons and persons in employment. The candidates are admitted to grade 10th under this scheme.
Jammu & Kashmir State Open School Education is for all to achieve universalisation of education, Jammu & Kashmir Government notified the establishment of State Open School in 2002. After a period of thirteen years, BOSE finally succeeded in implementing SOS with an aim to achieve 100 per cent literacy in the state. The open learning system will open up opportunities to those people who are school dropouts, older persons, failures, women, unemployed, downtrodden people and differently abled children to ensure social justice by democratising education. This lifelong process of learning aims at imparting education to thousands and thousands of downtrodden children who have been left out of the formal system of school education.
|The Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education was established through the legislation under the Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education Act, 1975.
The apex body is the governing board of Jammu & Kashmir State Board of School Education comprising the following members:
· Chairman, J & K State BOSE Commissioner/Secretary Education
· Director of School Education (Jammu Division)
· Director of School Education (Kashmir Division)
· A representative each of the two Universities of Jammu & Kashmir respectively, to be nominated by the concerned University Council.
· Four school teachers to be nominated by Government, of whom 2 shall be lady teachers concerned with Girls’ Education and 2 male teachers concerned with Boys’ Education.
· An eminent educationist connected with the administration, to be nominated by Government.
· A representative of one of the Teachers’ Training Institutions in the States, to be nominated by the Government, and;
· 2 persons nominated by Government, one male and one female officer from among Principals, Headmasters and Headmistress of teaching institutions in the State.
· Secretary, BOSE (Member Secretary)
Functions of BOSE
· Conduct public examinations of both secondary and higher secondary Classes
· Prepare and publish the results of examinations
· Grant students diplomas and certificates
· Prescribe the courses of instruction, scheme of studies, prepare syllabus, curriculum and textbooks for the School Education as per the National Policy on Education
· Print and supply textbooks to all the School Education Department
· Provide education through State Open School under open distance learning (ODL) mode for those who have missed their formal schooling
· Award medals and prizes to all the meritorious students in public examinations
· Grant affiliation to the private (secondary and higher secondary) schools
· Implement the National Sponsored Schemes like Adolescence Education Programme, NTSE/NMMS, Scholarships, National Achievement Survey, etc.
- Those who are unable to get an entry into the formal system because of one or other reasons.
- Hold exams.
- Issue the certificates.
- Maintain equivalence with the formal system of education.
- Identify and promote the standards of learning in distance education modes and study centres.
- We at State Open School are committed to providing excellent, sustainable, inclusive and flexible education up to senior secondary level through Open & Distance Learning (ODL) mode.
- 14+ age.
- Class 8th pass certificate from any school.
- Student need not be registered in Class 9th
- Identified and established 38 Government Accredited centres (19 in Kashmir Division and 19 in Jammu Division) in all districts.
- Admitted nine hundred and eleven candidates in their first batch (2014-15) for the secondary course.
- Distributed textual material to the enrolled students through accredited study centres.
- Conducted on- month personal contact programmes for enrolled students through their respective accredited study centres.
- Conducted a number of orientation programmes for the coordinators and tutors of the accredited study centres. These programmes were conducted in places of Kashmir, Jammu and Leh.
- Formulated bylaws regarding State Open School registration, accreditation, academics, examination, etc.
- Conducted examination and declared result of all the enrolled candidates. The pass percentage was 27.52.
JK Open School Admission Form 2019
The application form for admission to JK Open Schools is available online at their official website of the author. The candidates desirous of completing their secondary school examination through Jammu & Kashmir State Open School can download the prospectus cum admission form from the JKBOSE website and submit their forms at any of the test centres. JKBOSE Secondary School Admission Form is available at 22 centres in the Jammu & Kashmir State.
An application fee of Rs. 2,530 will be charged to the students for admissions and for the study material which can be paid through a Demand Draft drawn in the favour of “Chairman, JKSOS” payable at Jammu/Srinagar.
Jammu State Open School Admission Eligibility
The students applying for JKBOSE Open School Admissions must ensure their eligibility in order to avoid any loss at a later stage. The JKBOSE Eligibility is as follows:
(i) The student must have attained the age of at least 14 years as on 01.11.2018.
(ii) The students must have passed Class 8th from a government recognized school.
Please note that the schools, colleges and institutes will have their upper age limit which will be strictly followed the time of JK Open School Admissions.
JKBOSE SOS Admission Procedure
- The candidates who have filled the Jammu & Kashmir State Open School 10th Class Admission Form will be scrutinized on the basis of the eligibility criteria shown above.
- The selected candidates will be allotted a different school which acts as a centre for JK State Open Schools. A maximum of 160 students will be admitted to a centre.
- There are 22 centres across the Jammu & Kashmir State under Jammu & Kashmir State Open School. Each selected candidate will have to attend at least 30 contact lectures that will be conducted at the centre.
- At the time of 10th Board Examination, the candidate will have to write the paper. The syllabus for Jammu & Kashmir State Open School candidates is different from the one followed in formal education.
- The result will be declared for each of the candidates. Depending on the performance of the candidate he/she will pass/fail the 10th Class Examination.
Jammu Kashmir Open School Result
The Jammu & Kashmir State Open School Result is annually published along with the 10th Board Results.
Professor Zahoor Ahmad Chatt, Chairman
Address: Rehari Colony, Jammu-180005 (November to April)
Address: New Campus Bemina. Bye Pass, Sri Nagar-190010 (May to October) Office Jammu
Phone: 0191-2582704, SRINAGAR 0191-2494948