The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) was established in the month of May in 1960 which took the responsibility of administering and regulating the higher education system in the state. It also prepares and prescribes the syllabus and textbooks in the affiliated schools. The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) conducts the annual exams for Secondary School Certificate (SSC) and the Higher Secondary (School) Certificate (HSC). Apart from the two exams, that are, Secondary and Higher Secondary Examination, the board also conducts Engineering Entrance Examination (GUJCET).
The Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (abbreviated as GSEB) is a government of Gujarat body responsible for determining the policy-related, cognitive, administrative, and intellectual direction that the state’s secondary and higher secondary educational system takes. It is affiliated with the government and private schools of English and Gujarati medium.
There are four main responsibilities of GSEB that includes academics, conducting examinations and research and development. The board is also responsible for registration and administration of higher secondary and secondary schools in the state of Gujarat.
The Gujarat board was formed in 1972 on the basis of ‘The Gujarat Secondary Education Act 1972’. It is quite a popular board in the Gujarat State. It conducts an important state level exam. The main academic task of GSEB is the preparation of the syllabus for secondary schools and also the recommendation of textbooks that are to be taught in government schools as well as in the registered private schools. The Board also performs the duties of recognizing newly constituted schools, performance evaluation of schools and inspections of various schools associated with the Board.
The GSEB Conducts Two Main Examinations, Including 4-Semester type Examinations which are:
- The Secondary School Certificate(SSC) exam for X class and,
- The Higher Secondary (School) Certificate(HSC) examination for XI to XII students in Gujarat
The Board also holds a Talent Search for students of both standard VIII and IX in five major subjects every year. The Talent Search is divided into 2 major parts.
Just recently, GSEB has changed the State level Examinations from JEE (Mains) to GUJCET.
Gujarat Board Result 2018: Previous Year Statistics
If you are feeling nervous while you are waiting for the Gujarat Board XII Result and tired of assuming the expected scores, then you can look at the performance in the Gujarat Board XII and X Result of the previous year. It will, on one hand, make you aware of the toughness of the evaluation process of the exam paper and on the other hand, will help you in keeping your expectations very realistic. We are providing data for both the Gujarat Board XII and the X Result, below, along with its short summary.
If we talk about Class X, a total of 7,75,013 students had appeared for the Gujarat Board X Examination in the year 2017. In terms of the pass percentage, last year’s Gujarat SSC Result saw an average of 68.24% or only 5,28,870 students turned out to be successful. The GSEB Class X Result registered a slightly minute decrease. Nevertheless, the board is hopeful of a better performance this year in the Gujarat Board X Result.
Gujarat Board X Result
|Gujarat Board X Result 2017 – Highlights|
|Number of students appeared||7,75,013|
|Students who qualified||5,28,870|
|Overall pass percentage||68.24%|
|Students who scored A1 Grade||8,284|
On the other hand, nearly around 6.5 lakh students had appeared for the Gujarat Board XII Examination in the year 2017. In terms of the overall pass percentage, last year’s Gujarat HSC Result was quite an average one. Students close to about 4 lakh were successful in the examinations.
In the Science stream, nearly 1.38 lakh students had appeared for the examination and the overall pass percentage was highest among all the three streams with close to 81.89% students who were able to qualify for GSEB HSC Result. However, there was a dip as compared to the previous year’s score. In the Science stream too, the boys had outshined the girls by scoring over and above 82.06% pass percentage against 81.06% of the girls.
Key Statistics of Gujarat Board XII Result of 2017
|Science Stream||General Stream|
|Number of students appeared||1,38,727||5,05,651|
|Students who qualified||1,13,598||2,81,256|
|Overall pass percentage||81.89%||56.82%|
|Girls pass percentage||81.06%||70.88%|
|Boys pass percentage||82.06%||47.28%|
Mission Vision and Objectives:
On the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Board rests the responsibility of determining the policy-related, cognitive, administrative, and intellectual direction the State’s higher educational system takes. Its brass tacks functions fall particularly into three categories:
- ACADEMIC: Works on preparing the curricula and syllabi for secondary schools, registering new Secondary Schools, recommending the Text Books for Government approval, maintaining a highly periodically updated register of secondary schools of the State, conducting inspection and supervision of the secondary schools in the State, prescribing school timings, vacations, internal examinations and promotion rules, holidays, and so on, advising the State Government on the academic matters.
- EXAMINATIONS: Works on conducting Main and Supplementary public examinations every year in the months of March and October, for SSC (Standard X) and HSC (Standard XII).
- RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT: The Research and Development division of the Board takes up various research projects, and publishes research papers. It also conducts training courses for inspecting officers and teachers and other functionaries in of Secondary Education.
Main Functions are to:
- Grant recognition to the aspiring schools
- Prescribe courses and textbooks for both High school and Intermediate level
- Conduct both High school and Intermediate Examination
- Provide equivalence to the examinations conducted by other state Boards
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board,
Sector 10, Near Old Sachivalaya,
- Phone Number:(079) 23220538
Important Links on the website: