The Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education (abbreviated GBSHSE) is the main state board of education in the state of Goa in India, that takes care of secondary and higher secondary education management in all of its affiliated schools. The board is an education board native to the state of Goa which was established on 27 May 1975 under “The Goa, Daman and Diu Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board Act, 1975”.
The Board has been keen on nourishing the academic career of students along with their intellectual, physical talents and also skills. The board is also playing a very major role in conducting examinations, recognizing institutions, declaring results, levying fees, granting certificates as well as prescribing admission conditions for both regular and private candidates.
Slowly and steadily the number of students is increasing year by year who enrol themselves to the Board for a better academic future. The Board is established to solely conduct Secondary and Higher Secondary examination. After the successful completion of the examination, the Board announces Goa Board XII result and Goa board SSC results within a certain span.
The candidates who have been appearing in Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary examination 2018 they can visit the official website on regular basis for further updates about the Board. The board also grants national level scholarships to all the deserving students who fulfil all the eligibility criteria for this. The meritorious students are then rewarded with a scholarship to pave the better future for themselves.
The aim of the GBSHSE is to provide secondary and higher secondary education. For this very reason, a grant recognition is given to the required number of such schools in the territory to pay special attention to the improvement of the secondary and higher secondary education. It meets the required needs and standards of economic and social development to provide them with adequate facilities for the educational and professional advancement of socially and educationally backward communities to take such steps and such measures which may lead to the intellectual, academic, physical and cultural development of the youth.
Goa Board Duties and Responsibilities
Major Functions performed by the Goa Board include:
- Grant and withdraw recognition to the Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools
- Advise the government on matters of policy relating to secondary and higher secondary education in general and other matters
- Lay down guiding principles regarding curricula and syllabi for the entire secondary and higher secondary courses and to prepare. The detailed syllabus for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education.
- Advise the Government in a standard requirement in respect of staff, buildings, furniture, equipment, stationery and other amenities required for secondary and higher secondary schools.
- Prescribe and prepare textbooks for all standards of secondary and higher secondary education
- Prescribe conditions for admission of regular and private candidates to the final examinations
- Declare the results of the candidates at the final examinations conducted by it
Examinations conducted by Goa Board
Goa board conducts examination for both:
- Std X in the month of March and October
- Std XII in the month of March, June and October and result will be declared in the month of April.
GBSHSE Pass Percentage Pattern
Around 40 thousand students sit for the HSSC and SSC exams held by the Goa board every year. In the year 2017, the overall pass percentage of students who appeared in the SSC exam was 91.57% and for the HSSC exam was 89%. In the table below, you can have a look at the pass percentage. For the past two years for both, the Goa SSC exam and the Goa HSSC exam. We will update this table with the pass percentage for 2018 once the results for this academic year are out.
Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
At: Alto Betim, Porvorim
Contact: + 91 ( 832 ) 241 7593
+ 91 ( 832 ) 241 3085
+ 91 ( 832 ) 241 7584