CENTAC is a Centralized Admission Committee, and CENTAC 2019will be held by it, to fill the professional degree seats in the colleges that come under the UT of Puducherry. The Centralized Admission Committee (CENTAC), Government of Puducherry will also manage the admission procedure. No entrance exam is conducted by CENTAC after 2015, for offering admission in UG courses. CENTAC 2019 admission process will allocate seats to candidates in the engineering and various medical courses. CENTAC has the authority to organise and provide the admission for different government institutes of Puducherry & other Union territory. The Admission for MBBS & BDS is done through the NEET result, all appearing candidates for NEET can apply for it. Candidates will get admission on the basis of their XII Result from any reputed board. Read this article to get the complete information about Centralized Admission Committee 2019.
Centralized Admission Committee 2019 Notification
- Provisional Allotment for CENTAC 2019 will be released in July 2019.
- Mock allotment for CENTAC 2019 will also be released in July 2019.
- Final Merit list for MBBBS and BDS courses will be released in the first week of July 2019.
- CENTAC 2019 Application form for All courses will be released nearly in the first week of July 2019.
CENTAC Admission dates
Below are some assumed dates and can be tentative according to the official release of the dates.
|Online Application Availability||7th June 2019|
|Last Date of form submission||15th June 2019|
|Merit List Published||5th July 2019|
CENTAC Merit List 2019
Once all the application form is submitted, the merit list is generated and published by the authority of Centralized Admission Committee. The CENTAC 2019 merit list will be made on the basis of the marks that the candidates secure in their qualifying examination basically NEET 2019. The merit list will then be released, this year it was released on 5th July 2018 through online mode, so we expect a near similar tentative date. After the merit list is released, candidates can check it by entering their application number/date of birth, and then select course & click on show status button, and the details would be shown.
This also includes Reserved seats, below is the seat reservation analysis for different background and Challenged people.
Here are the reservation criteria.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||11|
|Backward Classes Muslims (BCM)||2|
|Most Backward Classes (MBC)||18|
|Extreme Backward Classes (EBC)||2|
|Scheduled Caste (ST)||16|
|Children/Grand Children of Freedom (Fighter (FF)||4|
|Wards of Ex-Servicemen||1 or 3**|
|A candidate who is Meritorious in Sports (SP)||1|
CENTAC Counselling 2019
The counselling of Centralized Admission Committee MBBS 2019 will Commence from the 4th week of June 2019 through offline mode.
- Before the counselling process begins, every aspiring candidate will be called for the document verification through a process and they will be notified by SMS/Email.
- Candidates should get their original certificates verified during the document verification process.
- Candidates will be invited for the counselling session according to their order of merit in each course.
- The counselling schedule & process will be published on the website or in the local newspapers, the authority will also inform the selected students via call letters.
- To participate in the counselling procedure, candidates have to pay the admission fee through the online mode.
CENTAC Admission 2019
Admission to the candidates will be given according to their preferred course on the basis of their merit list.
- Within one week after the completion of the counselling process, the seat allotment list will be released by the conducting authority.
- The provisional allotment letter needs to be downloaded by the candidates online, from the official website.
- Candidates need to report at the allotted centre within a given time period with all the required documents that need to be verified.
- Candidates seat will be cancelled fails to report to their allocated centre within the given time, their seat will be cancelled.
CENTAC Application Form 2019
The conducting authority will release the CENTAC 2019 Application Form through online mode on their official website. Candidates will be able to fill the application form from 1st week of June 2019.
- The last date to fill the application form is June 2019.
- While filling the form, each candidate must provide their mobile number & scanned image of their photograph.
- The scanned photograph should be of size 20 KB to 25 KB and in JPG format only.
- Once the form is submitted, a candidate needs to take the print copy of the filled application form. Then they need to send it by post/courier or can even submit in person in the given address, with all the required documents mentioned above:
CENTAC office PEC Campus, Pillaichavady,
Puducherry – 605 014
Documents needed for an Application form
The following document is required along with the printout of the application form:
- X or equivalent exam mark sheet
- XII or equivalent exam mark sheet
- Age proof (Birth Certificate or SSLC mark sheet)
- Copy of Online Payment
- Nationality Certificate
- Residence Certificate
- Permanent Integrated Certificate
- Special Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Community Certificate (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate (if applicable)
- Sports Certificate (if applicable)
CENTAC Admission fee
The application fee can be paid by the candidates only through online mode(credit card/debit card/net banking). Here is the fee structure:
|Courses||Fee (GEN category)||Fee (Reserved Category)|
CENTAC Eligibility: MBBS/BDS
- Qualifying Exam: Must have a pass certificate of XII, from a recognized board.
- Subjects: Qualified XII with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or Biotechnology, Botany, English and Zoology as compulsory subjects.
- Minimum Marks: 50% marks (For GEN), 40% marks (For BCM/MBC/EBC/OBC/BT/SC).
- To be eligible, it is necessary to qualify NEET UG exam.
CENTAC MBBS used to conduct its separate exam earlier, but now it takes admission on the basis of NEET exam, so anyone who wishes to get admission in this, must have a good preparation of NEET UG.