AFMC stands for the Armed forces Medical College, Pune. It offers admission to the candidates aspiring for MBBS programme. The Admission is done through the NEET 2019 score and the ToELR test conducted by AFMC. ToELR is also known as Test of English, Language, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning. No Separate AFMC exam is conducted by the AFMC authority for the admission, to take admission for AFMC MBBS an aspirant must appear the NEET 2019 and the ToELR exam. After this, a screening round along with a personal interview is also conducted.
A total of 130 seats is available for MBBS in this institute, out of which 25 are reserved for girl candidate and 105 for boys. Out of 130 seats, 10 are reserved for SC/ST candidate.
Important dates of Armed forces Medical College MBBS
AFMC Exam dates are given below candidates willing to join the Armed Forces Medical College should check the dates and start their preparation accordingly.
|AFMC Registration begins||end of April 2019|
|AFMC Registration ends||end of May 2019|
|Publication of Merit List (Based on NEET Scores)||starting of July 2019|
|Screening Procedures||2nd week of July 2019|
|The final list of selected candidates||starting of August 2019|
|Reporting for admission||2nd week of August 2019|
|Reporting of wait-listed candidates subject to vacancy||end of August 2019|
Note The mentioned dates may vary as per the release of the official dates.
AFMC Exam application form
AFMC Exam forms are available only via the online method, and the section is based on the score of NEET. So, below is some important information about the AFMC Exam Application form.
- Candidates interested to get admission in the AFMC MBBS course can fill the application form online.
- They need to register themselves using their valid email id’s.
- The candidates need to provide the required details, personal and qualification details.
- The form needs to be submitted and the fee is paid along with that.
- An application fee of Rs 250/- is to be paid by SBI bank Challan.
- Aspirants can fill the Application form on the official site.
Armed forces Medical College Exam Eligibility criteria
Candidates aspiring to get admission in this prominent institute needs to fulfil the mentioned-below eligibility criteria.
- Nationality: Candidates belonging to Indian Nationality, as well as Person of Indian Origin (PIO) or has been permanently settled in India is also considered eligible.
- Marital status: only unmarried candidates can apply.
- Qualification: The aspirant must have passed XII from a recognised board with physics, chemistry, biology and English as compulsory subjects. Mathematics in class X is also compulsory.
- Marks required: A minimum of 60% in PCB and 50% in each individual subject in the first attempt.
- Age: The aspirant must complete 17yrs of age as on 31st December 2019, for B.sc holders the age should not exceed 24.
Armed forces Medical College Exam pattern for ToELR
After the selection via NEET Score is done. The candidate needs to go through the ToELR exam. Below is the AFMC exam pattern for ToELR.
- Mode of exam: Online method (CBT).
- Total Question: 40 Question.
- Question format: Multiple choices.
- Marking scheme: Two marks for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: Five marks for every wrong answer.
- Exam Duration: Thirty minutes.
AFMC MBBS Result/Merit list
AFMC Exam result/merit list is live on the official site of AFMC. It also releases on the leading newspaper. The result is release containing the candidate’s NEET roll number.
- Select Candidates come for the admission procedure.
- Individual call letter for AFMC Counselling will NOT be sent to any candidate.
- The final merit list and cut-off will be releases in the month of August 2019 by the authority.
- Merit will separate category wise.
AFMC MBBS Selection 2019
To get through the selection procedure a candidate must have to register through the official website.
- The counselling schedule will be uploaded along with the list of selected students by the second week of July 2019.
- The NEET roll number of the selected candidates will be uploaded on the official website.
- The admission will be provided on the basis of the NEET score and the AFMC screening test.
AFMC Preparation tips
AFMC is a renowned and prestigious institute and hence to get into it through tough competition with limited seats is a tough job, and hence one must prepare well for it, here are some preparation tips to grab your seat into this institute.
- Before preparing for something proper planning it requires. So to prepare for AFMC MBBS one must understand its syllabus and prepare accordingly.
- Once a candidate is acquainting with the syllabus, distribute the syllabus according to your convenience and devote equal time to each subject.
- Practice previous year question and try to appear online tests as the exam will be conducted online.
- Regular practice and revision of every subject is a must to get a good score and compete with others.
AFMC Counselling & Document required
AFMC Counselling process is followed by the AFMC Exam and the declaration of the merit list, so below are the required documents that are mandatory to be produced at the time of counselling.
- Marksheet of Class X.
- Class X passing certificate.
- Marksheet of class XII.
- Class XII passing certificate.
- Character certificate.
- DOB proof.
- Income proof of parents.
- Gap Certificate, if the gap is more than 2 years.
- Domicile certificate.
- Coloured photograph in white background.
- NCC Certificate (if applicable).
- NEET 2019 Marksheet.
- Migration Certificate.
- Caste certificate (if applicable).
Every goal is achievable, we just need positive energy to move towards it. AFMC being a renowned medical college for MBBS requires the same Discipline as well as Dedication as the Armed Forces. Every candidate must work hard so that no one can take their one seat of the Armed forces Medical College.
This article has all the required details about the Armed forces Medical College, prepare well and let no one take away your one seat of the prestigious institute.