The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) will be held for admission to top engineering colleges of India for undergraduate engineering and architecture programmes. The JEE Main, till now conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) was held once a year. But, from 2019, JEE Main 2019 is expected to be conducted by a new conducting body, i.e., NTA (National Testing Agency).
What is NTA?
NTA or National Testing Agency is an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization, proposed in the General Budget 2017-18. NTA will conduct all entrance examinations for higher education institutions. This would free bodies such as the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and other institutions from administrative responsibilities so that they can focus more on academics. So, NTA is going to hold all the exams which CBSE has been holding such as JEE Main, NEET, UGC NET, CTET, and JNV.
What will change, if National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts JEE Main 2019
A lot of changes will be implemented if NTA conducts JEE Main 2019. Here are a few:
- JEE Main will be held twice a year
- It will be held online
- There will be more exam centers
JEE Main 2019 Important Dates
No big change in JEE Main syllabus and schedule is expected till now. The changes will be notified well before JEE Main, when the notification is released. NTA is expected to conduct JEE Main in 2019, as per following dates:
|NTA JEE Main 2019 Important Dates|
|Start of JEE Main 2019 Application||1st week of Dec 2018|
|Last Date of submitting JEE Main 2019 Application Form||1st week of Jan 2019|
|JEE Main 2019 Admit Card||2nd week of Mar 2019|
|Offline JEE Main 2019 Examination||7 Apr 2019 (expected)|
|Online JEE Main 2019 Examination||2nd week of Apr 2019|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Declaration of JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 Score / All India Rank||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Declaration of JEE Main 2019 Paper 2 Score / All India Rank||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Declaration of JEE Main 2019 Scorecard||after AIR declaration|
JEE Main 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicants born on or after 31st October 1993 are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2019-20.
- The candidate must have qualified senior secondary examination with best five subject scores, including that of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The candidate must have scored above the passing marks, while there is no other provision for minimum marks obtained.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
There are minor differences in the JEE Main Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Common rule: 4 marks will be granted to the candidate for every correct answer, but any wrong answer will lead to a deduction of 1 mark.
JEE Main Paper1 (for B.E., B.Tech)
- There will be a total of 90 questions, 30 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The paper will be of 3 hours.
- The question paper will be of objective type.
- Students can choose to appear in online or offline mode.
JEE Main Paper 2 (for B.Arch., B.Planning)
- Paper will consist of two parts:
Part 1- 30 Mathematics questions
Part 2- 50 Aptitude questions and 2 Drawing test questions
- Only the drawing part will be subjective, while rest of the paper will be objective type.
- Duration will be 3 hr.
- This paper will be held in offline mode only.
JEE MAIN 2019 Syllabus
JEE MAIN 2019 Physics Syllabus: – Syllabus of physics subject for JEE main exam which has released by Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. The syllabus is given below-
Units and Measurements
Motion in a straight line
Motion in a plane
Law of motions
Electric Charges and Field
Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
Work, Power and Energy
Laws of Motion
Moving Charges and Magnetism
Mechanical Properties of Solid
Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Thermal Properties of Matter
Kinetic Theory and Thermodynamics
System of Particles and Rotational Motion
Magnetism and Matter
Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
JEE MAIN 2019 Chemistry Syllabus: – The Chemistry syllabus for JEE main has been released by IIT. The Chemistry subject is divided into 3 units which are physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and organic chemistry. Under each unit, there are multiple topics.
Biomolecules and POC
Halo-alkanes and Halo-arenes
- Thermodynamic terms
- First and Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Third Law and Thermodynamic relations
- Heat, Enthalpy, Heat of Formation and Combustion
- Types of Heat Energy
Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Basic Concepts of Chemistry
D Block Elements
Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Vapour Pressure and Raoult’s law
- Colligative Properties and their Deviation
- Osmotic Pressure and Van’thoff Factor
General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
States of Matter
- Measurable Properties of Gases and their Laws
- Kinetic Theory of Gas and Deviation from Ideal Behaviour
General Organic Chemistry
- Electron Displacement Effects in Covalent Bonds
- Carbocations and Carbanions
- Acidity and Basicity
Alcohols and Ethers
Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Structure of Atom
- Atomic Models and Wave Characteristics
- Hydrogen Spectrum and Schrodinger Equation
- Quantum Numbers and Aufbau Principle
JEE MAIN 2019 Mathematics Syllabus – Aspirants can go through the Maths syllabus given below:
Sequences and Series
Applications of Integration
Basic Mathematics and Logarithms
Matrices and Determinants
Probability and Statistics
Continuity and Differentiability
Solution of Triangle
Mathematical Induction and Reasoning
Method of Differentiation
Application of Derivatives
Permutations and Combinations
Inverse Trigonometric Function