ational Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a National Level Entrance Exam for Students aspiring to graduate from the Medical course (MBBS) or Dental course (BDS) from any government or private Medical and Dental College. NEET was conducted by CBSE. NEET-UG replaced All India pre-medical test (AIPMT) and other exams that were conducted by different states or colleges.
NEET 2019, as known to us, is considered to be the toughest Medical Entrance Examination, and from the year 2019 onwards, it will be regulated by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Earlier CBSE was the exam-conducting body of NEET. The examination will be conducted in the same way as CBSE used to conduct, and the exam will be held only ONCE A YEAR.
NEET 2019 Overview
NEET 2019 is going to be conducted by NTA, so the details are given below in the table.
|Exam Name||NTA NEET 2019|
|Also known as||NEET|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Pen & Paper|
|Number of Attempts||Once a Year|
NEET 2019 Important Dates
Here are some important dates, that needs to be remembered for filling the form.
|NEET 2019 Exam Events||NEET 2019 Important Dates|
|The release of online application form||01-November-2018|
|Last date for filling the form||30-November-2018|
|Issuance of NEET admit card 2019||15-April-2019|
|The announcement of result||05-June-2019|
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
The Examination is based on four subjects Botany, Zoology, Physics and chemistry. Below are some more details of the Exam.
|Mode of exam||Pen and paper|
|languages in which paper is set in||English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Odia, Assamese and Urdu (included from 2018 onwards)|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Subjects included||Zoology, Botany, Chemistry and Physics|
|Marking procedure||for every right answer 4 marks is allotted and for every wrong answer, one mark is deducted.|
NEET 2019 Eligibility criteria
To appear for the exam an aspirant must fulfil these criteria.
- Nationality: Aspirants having Indian citizenship are eligible for this exam. Also, candidates belonging to the Foreign nationals, overseas citizens of India (OCIs), persons of Indian origin (PIOs) and non-resident Indians (NRIs) are also eligible.
- Students belonging to Jammu and Kashmir are also eligible under the 15% AIQ seats.
- Educational Qualification: -To appear for NEET 2019 one must have passed with Biology/ Biotechnology, Chemistry, Physics and English in 12th examination from any recognised board. Also, according to the recent amendments made by MHRD, students who passed from National Institute of Open Schooling or any State Open School can also apply, and students belonging to General category needs to score 50% in Biology/biotechnology, physics and chemistry.
- General category students those who are handicapped, are eligible for this exam with an aggregate of 45%, whereas SC/ST/OBC students having an aggregate of 40% are eligible for this exam.
- Number of attempts: The limitation has been removed from 2018 onwards.
- Age limit: Minimum age of an aspirant should be 17 years and the maximum age limit 25 years for giving this exam, whereas there is a relaxation of 5-year for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
NEET 2019 Application Process
NEET 2019 Application Process will be made online by the National Testing Agency, and there is no alternative for applying the form. Do visit the official website.
- All the Medical aspirants must visit the official portal of NTA.
- Go to the ‘NTA Exam’ section, and then click on the ‘Medical – National Eligibility cum Entrance Examination’ section.
- In the bottom of the page, there’s a ‘Registration’ button, click on it and register for the exam.
Fill the registration form properly, the name, educational qualification, etc., once the form is filled a confirmation page will pop up after successful payment of the application fee.
NEET 2019 Application fee
The application fee is mentioned Below.
- For General/OBC àINR 1,400.
- For SC/ST/PH àINR 750.
The application fee needs to paid during the process of filling the form, the payment can be done in any of the following methods – E-Wallet, Net Banking, Debit card or Credit card.
NEET Admit card 2019
The NEET 2019 admit card will be issued on 15th April 2019 by the NTA on its official website. Candidates can download the Admit Card using their NEET registration number, security PIN and date of birth. The NEET admit card is a compulsory document for a candidate to appear the exam. A candidate also needs to carry 2 passport size photographs, one to affix on the admit card and other on the attendance sheet.
Note: The Hard copy of the Hall ticket will Not be sent in your residential address, you need to download it from the official site.
NEET 2019 Exam Result
The result of NEET 2019 will be announced on 5th June 2019, by NTA. The candidates who will be in the qualifying list will get the seat in the Leading medical and dentist institute of the country. The Cut-off for the general category would be 50%, and that for reserved category candidates would be 40%, the AIR will be announced after the NEET 2019 cut-off is released.
NEET Counselling 2019
The NEET Counselling 2019 will start after 5th June 2019. The NEET counselling 2019 for 15% of the All India quota seats for candidates will be done by the Directorate of Health Services, while for the rest of the seats it will be done by the respective state directorate.
The NEET 2019 will be held once in a year (not twice), and hence the candidates need to prepare accordingly. The NEET Admit card will be issued in the month of April. The NEET Counselling 2019 will be done in the month of June after the cut-off is published.
Hope, this article has all the required details that you needed for your NEET 2019 preparation. We wish you a very best of luck for your examination.