oint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance examination for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is constituted by two different examinations – JEE Main and JEE Advanced which leads to JEE Admission process. JEE Advanced is considered internationally as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests.
The year 2019 is considered to be lucky for the students who are going to appear JEE Main 2019. The Ministry of Education has announced that JEE Main will be held TWICE from the year 2019. This has certainly changed the preparation strategy of the students, be it in 11th, 12th or droppers.
JEE entrance exam is one of the toughest exams in India, so to crack into one of the most reputed colleges of India, one needs to prepare well so that one can get into JEE Admission process. So, go through this article to get to know more about the changes in JEE pattern and JEE Admission process.
Important points of JEE 2019
This decision has certainly been a great initiative by the Ministry of education, as the students will not have to waste one more year and can prepare for it in the same year, so here are some important points.
- The exam is going to happen twice, once in January and another in the month of April.
- The exam will be conducted online (computer based) in an interval of multiple days.
- Students will have the option to fill the form for any of the month or both, and the best score out of the two is to be considered.
- The registration form for JEE Main 2019 will come out in the month of September, and the candidates will have the option to choose the dates they want to appear and centres of choice.
- JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted only once as usual in May. It will be conducted by the IIT’s.
The better part of this is that NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY (NTA) will provide computer-based test-modules for the practice of students from any of the Dedicated centres, this is especially for those who don’t have personal computers, to get acquainted with the new system, especially in rural areas.
Things to remember while preparing for JEE 2019
JEE 2019 is going to be a surprise change for all the candidates, one needs to stay calm and focus on what should be done next. JEE 2019 has many new changes, so you need to understand the changes that took place.
- Propper Planning: – Things can be a bit different this time, students need to keep calm and plan their timetable accordingly. The January test will definitely act as a mirror for the students and if unluckily you can’t make out in the first attempt, you know the pattern and hence will definitely do better in the second Test.
- Choosing the Dates: – One should know about his preparation level, one’s strength and weakness, even if one has prepared to appear the April exam, he must go for the January exam as this will give an idea of the exam pattern and his place in the national ranking.
- Boards Preparation: – It’s true that your board marks will not affect your rank, but you need to get a cumulative of 75% to be eligible for the JEE Main 2019. So, one must take the boards seriously and prepare for it with proper dedication.
- Coaching institutes: – One can definitely take the coaching for his/her preparation, but remember not to waste too much time in travelling to the coaching centre and returning, else you can opt for its online courses as this saves time and can give you extra time for revision.
- Taking Mock Tests: – Taking mock tests will help you know your mistakes, this will improve your preparation for the exams, and you will get acquainted with the new pattern.
JEE Admission process has not been changed, but one needs to qualify JEE Main and then appear JEE Advanced. JEE Admission is a very tedious process, one needs to go through the JEE Counselling.
JEE Main 2019
JEE Mains 2019 is to be conducted two times this year, one on the month of January and other on the month of April, so these key points would help you in cracking JEE 2019.
- NCERTs are the basic books for the preparation of JEE Main 2019, these books cover all the basic concept of a chapter.
- As JEE Main 2019 will be held twice a year so this will be a good opportunity for those who missed by a few marks as they need not repeat the whole year and can follow JEE Admission process.
- If preparing for JEE 2019 one needs to focus on boards and get cumulative of 75%.
- JEE Mains 2019 will be conducted online, but the format will remain the same and the exam will still be of 360 marks.
JEE Advanced 2019
JEE Advanced 2019 will be conducted in the month of May and those who have cleared JEE 2019 can appear for JEE Admission.
- JEE Advanced 2019 has a vast syllabus so every aspirant needs to go through the syllabus very carefully as there is a high competition in the market.
- To prepare for JEE 2019 and follow the JEE admission procedure one must clear the JEE Main 2019.
- To prepare for JEE Admission one must show a proper dedication as the syllabus is very vast and so it requires proper planning, as you should not go out of course because it might waste your precious time.
- Every aspirant of JEE Advanced 2019 should keep a proper note and maintain a formula diary to keep the key concepts, as it will help in revision when-ever required.
Every aspirant must first know the difficulty of exam and then do time management accordingly, it is very important that you must do self-study, because it helps inn building confidence, solving more problems can improve your confidence and it will boost you up in your examination. Students must go through the JEE 2019 Syllabus before randomly preparing for it. I hope this article will help you in preparing for your JEE Main 2019 and JEE Advanced 2019.
We wish all the aspirant a very good luck and hope you all score well in your exams.