BITSATirla Institute of Technology, popularly acclaimed as BITS, is one the finest growing universities in India which offers a variety of professional technical and non-technical courses in Engineering, Pharmacy, Management and Science. BITS is included in the list of “Institutes of Eminence” by the union government in 2018. In the latest 2018 NIRF rankings, BITS stands at the 17th place in top 100 engineering institutions in India.
Over the period of time, since its inception, BITS Pilani has proved its strong foothold. The graduates from BITS can be seen at various streams be it Engineering or Management globally. Talking about the presence, BITS has four campuses globally while BITS Pilani remains the most desired campus of this university and attracts the maximum number of students worldwide. The other campuses include BITS Goa, BITS Hyderabad and BITS Dubai. And BITS is the only Indian institute to have an international campus which is in Dubai, UAE.
The idea and dream of setting up an institute which can cater to the growing science and technological needs were put forward by Mr G.D. Birla, an eminent industrialist who was looking towards the future. Every year, thousands of students prepare and compete for a seat at this premium institution.
Every year BITS Pilani conducts its own entrance exam known as Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test, popularly known as BITSAT. BITSAT 2019 is a computer-based all-India test which is primarily conducted by BITS for its various courses of Engineering, Pharmacy and Science.
BITSAT 2019 is the only gateway through which the candidates can join the University for higher education at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels. Lakhs of students prepare for BITSAT for around 2600+ seats which makes the competition stiff and at par with the IIT-JEE. The difficulty level of BITSAT is on the higher side which requires a significant amount of practice and perseverance. The final admission results of BITS Pilani will be made available on the university website after the completion of BITSAT 2019.
Courses offered by BITS Pilani:
– BITS Pilani – Pilani Campus
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Instrumentation, Computer Science
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biological Sciences, Economics.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
– BITS Pilani – K.K. Birla Goa Campus
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Electronics & Communication, Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Physics, Biological Studies, Mathematics, Economics, Chemistry.
– BITS Pilani – Hyderabad Campus
- Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) in Electrical & Electronics, Manufacturing, Chemical, Computer Science, Mechanical, Civil.
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2019:
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying exam of (10+2) format from any recognized board of education in the academic year 2019-2020.
- There is a minimum requirement of percentage of marks i.e. overall a minimum of 60% marks in the qualifying exam and a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology as applicable.
- Students appearing in qualifying exam in the year 2019 are eligible to take BITSAT 2019.
- Candidates already studying in any of the BITS will not be eligible to apply for BITSAT 2019.
- Candidates are also required to have a minimum aptitude and English language proficiency for BITSAT 2019.
- Irrespective of BITSAT 2019 scores, the students who are first rank holders in respective state education boards will be ensured of direct admission into BITS program of their choice.
Only the candidates possessing the required eligibility would be allowed to take the BITSAT 2019. Considering the increasing cut-off every year, BITSAT 2019 will witness a sharp increase in the qualifying marks. Candidates are advised to follow strict study plans in order to secure a seat in BITS Pilani.
BITSAT 2019 Exam Format:
The format of the BITSAT 2019 exam is a bit unique in nature as compared to other under-graduate entrance exams such as IIT-JEE, VITEEE etc. BITSAT 2019 consists of 4 parts namely Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology (For B.Pharm candidates) and (i) English language test (ii) Logical reasoning and numerical aptitude. In total there are 150 questions that are to be solved in 180 minutes in BITSAT 2019. And also BITSAT penalizes every incorrect answer, so candidates must take care of negative scoring as well. The marking scheme pattern of BITSAT 2019 is +3 for every correct answer and -1 for every incorrect answer. In addition to the 150 questions of BITSAT, there are 12 extra questions provided for the candidates in the same paper to test their additional knowledge of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. The total breakup of questions, marks are given below:
|Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics/ Biology||45 Questions||135|
|Part-4||(i) English language test||15 Questions||45|
|(ii) Logical reasoning and numerical aptitude||10 Questions||30|
|150 Questions in a composite time of 180 minutes.||450|
Syllabus of BITSAT 2019:
Talking about the syllabus of BITSAT 2019, it remains more or less in line with other competitive exams. But one should focus more on NCERT standard books of 11th and 12th. The part 4 of BITSAT 2019 i.e. English language and verbal reasoning is considered to be the juiciest section as these 75 marks can help a lot in securing a good rank in BITSAT 2019. Part 4 gives the highest reward with minimum efforts, so this section should be prepared well.
Key dates for BITSAT 2019:
The tentative dates of application form of BITSAT 2019 will commence from the fourth week of December 2018. Admit cards for BITSAT 2019 will be available from the first week of April 2019. BITSAT 2019 online exam will be held in the month of May 2019. Candidates are advised to track the official website of BITS Pilani for further dates and events.